Friday, November 2, 2012

Coming forth as Gold

 Gold, found in its natural and raw state, is filled with impecfection and impurities. The only way these impurities can be removed is if the gold is broken and then heated so that the impurities rise to the surface for removal. The raw form of gold must go through brokeness and fire so that the value of the element can be used to make beautiful and sought after items.

  As I walk through this life, especially the valleys I've walked through recently, I have grown to cherish this picture of painful circumstances to create something beautiful and of VALUE!  There is such comfort in knowing that brokeness and fire are what press us to become better, perfected, worthy, and faithful. One can choose to walk through the fire joyfully, expecting valuable changes in themselves, or they can walk bitterly, resulting in the same raw person they were before.
 
  Job, one of my biblical heros, knew the correlation between tribulation in the world and the beautiful results they produce if aided by the divine power of Jehovah. In chapter 23 verse 10, Job exclaims, "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Does that give you shivers of peace like it does me?! What a beautiful promise!

  I cannot wait to get to heaven and just sit with Job and talk. I cannot wait to talk about the common pain we endured while on earth and the joy of seeing our sweet Jesus glorified through it! I can just imagine Job wrapping his arms around me and saying, "Even suffering could not place chains around you. In your weakness, you grasped hold of HIS strength, walked worthy with your Abba Father, endured the pain and came forth as GOLD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment